[robocup-nao] Austrian Kangaroos use the B-Human Code Release 2011

Dietmar Schreiner schreiner at complang.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 26 06:36:39 EDT 2012

As our previous announcement has gone to the wrong list here it goes again:

According to the terms of the B-Human Code Release 2011 licence we hereby announce the usage of the aforesaid framework for team Austrian Kangaroos as base for our 2012 development.

The Austrian Kangaroos software contributes by modifications and additions in the field of:

* AI & Team AI
We have ported the existing Austrian Kangaroos behavior system (single robot) as much as our role selector to the new framework. New team strategies and roles have been implemented to improve our team-behavior. Our goalkeeper AI has been reworked and improved for more complex behavior and higher mobility.

* Motion Primitives
We have ported and reworked our existing motions for the new framework and incorporated them, replacing original ones.

* Localization
We have extended our localization and integrated it into the new framework to cope with uniform goals by mapping the background beyond the playground to recover from a completely unknown location without team mates. In addition we perform verification of the current pose via team wide sensor fusion and  reasoned perception.

* Artificial Immune System
We have implemented an immune system for the robot based on the Dendritic Cell Algorithm and have integrated it into the new framework. The system is meant to detect anomalies (caused by software but also by hardware faults) and aims at increased reliability of our players.

* Time Driven Bus
Our team communication is achieved via a time driven bus over WLAN. We have ported the implementation and have integrated it into the new framework in order to gain predictable communication. In addition we have integrated our light weight clock synchronization module into the new framework.

* Leadership Election Protocol
We have ported our fault tolerant leadership election protocol required for the hierarchical team AI to the new framework.

cheers,
Dietmar

Austrian Kangaroos