[robocup-nao] FINAL Information for SPL teams

Brad Hall bradh at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Dec 16 01:47:42 EST 2011

Hi Dietmar,

Sorry for the slow reply to this.

Teams will be allowed to use the v3.2, v3.3 and NAO4 at RoboCup 2012.  This includes any combinations of head/body only upgrades.

However, I'm sure that you have noticed the specifications for the NAO4 make it a significant update, and I expect that we will see that they are much faster and more accurate, and so teams may be at a disadvantage if they compete with the older robots.

It is not yet apparent how different a (for example) v3.3 with a NAO4 head upgrade will be to a completely new NAO4, but there are differences in the body between the versions.

It will be up to each team's discretion (and budget!) about which model they plan to compete with.

Cheers,
Brad