[robocup-nao] Number of robots for RoboCup SPL 2011

Markus Meissner meissner at em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de
Sat Oct 9 08:28:31 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Speaking for the whole Bembelbots-Team (Goethe-University Frankfurt):
We would like to declare, that we do _not_ want to play with
4 robots for various reasons:

- Crowding, will lead to earlier damaged robots, thus more costs
for the teams.

- Localization, actually most vision components could make problems
on this small field with 8 Naos.

- The additional costs for buying, maintaining, upgrading another
robot, not to speak from insured-shipping to Paris/France could
preclude some smaller teams from participating in the robocup.

Best,

--
/*  Markus Meissner
 *  Diplom Informatiker
 *  E-Mail : meissner at em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de
 *
 *  Electric Design Methodology - Entwurfsmethodik
 *  Institute for Computer Science
 *  Goethe University of Frankfurt/M.
 *
 *  http://www.em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de
 *
 *  Robert-Mayer-Str. 11-15
 *  60325 Frankfurt a. M.
 *  Germany
 *
 */

>>/ Hi everyone,
/>>/
/>>/ After discussions with the local organizing committee of RoboCup 2011,
/>>/ it is most likely the case that the field will remain the same size as
/>>/ this year.
/>>/
/>>/ With that in mind, we would like to have a discussion about the number
/>>/ of robots per team for RoboCup 2011. We have been having 3v3 robots
/>>/ for the last 2 years, and we are considering increasing the robots to
/>>/ 4v4 for 2011, to encourage more teamwork in the games.
/>>/
/>>/ What are your thoughts on increasing the number of robots per team to
/>>/ 4? Please comment before Friday, Oct 15th, so that the TC can finalize
/>>/ this and work on updating the rules.
/>>/
/>>/ Thank you.
/>>/
/>>/ Somchaya