[robocup-nao] Number of robots for RoboCup SPL 2011

Rick Middleton Richard.Middleton at nuim.ie
Fri Oct 8 03:45:47 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I think we can only repeat what others have said:
- for us number of robots is not an issue, but for other teams, this
could be serious;
- crowding/pushing could be come a real issue.
- localisation etc. will be more difficult since there will be more
obstructions to vision
- it would make a significant different to the games, strategies (I
guess lower scoring games in general?).

Overall, we are fine with the change, provided there are some rule
changes to help with the crowding/pushing issue.

Rick

On 08/10/2010 08:32, Chieh-Chih (Bob) Wang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Team NTU Robot PAL is OK with the change from 3v3 to 4v4 for 2011.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> -Bob
>

> On 2010/10/5 上午 06:23, Somchaya Liemhetcharat wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> After discussions with the local organizing committee of RoboCup 2011,
>> it is most likely the case that the field will remain the same size as
>> this year.
>>
>> With that in mind, we would like to have a discussion about the number
>> of robots per team for RoboCup 2011. We have been having 3v3 robots
>> for the last 2 years, and we are considering increasing the robots to
>> 4v4 for 2011, to encourage more teamwork in the games.
>>
>> What are your thoughts on increasing the number of robots per team to
>> 4? Please comment before Friday, Oct 15th, so that the TC can finalize
>> this and work on updating the rules.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Somchaya
>> On behalf of SPL TC