[robocup-nao] Attention Based Coach IPad App

Mary-Anne Williams maryanne at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 29 08:11:55 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

We have received a lot of interest in our iPad Coaching System.

A short description with screenshots is attached and a link to a short movie
showing how a Nao can follow human movement - notice there are no markers on
the human -
http://research.it.uts.edu.au/magic/unleashed/LearningNewSkillbyWatchingTheCoach.mp4

In the Open Challenge demo we used a 2009 Nao because our system was
developed jointly at UTS and USTC. USTC only has access to the 2009 Nao -
they could not afford to upgrade their robots and so we tried to accommodate
both the 2009 and 2010 robots in our systems development. This helps us
develop robot skills in one place and transfer them to robots in another
geographical location.

We plan to publish our work in the coming months and hopefully one day make
the app available from iTunes.

Cheerio,

Xiaoping and Mary-Anne.
www.wrighteagleunleashed.org

------
Professor Mary-Anne Williams
Director, Innovation and Enterprise Research Laboratory
Center for Quantum Computation and Intelligent Systems
University of Technology, Sydney
NSW 2007 Australia
http://innovation.it.uts.edu.au/Mary-Anne