[robocup-nao] Open Challenge Description

Michael Quinlan mquinlan at cs.utexas.edu
Tue May 25 15:22:34 EDT 2010

Hi Everybody,

  The aim of the open challenge is to demonstrate research that your
group is doing that is interesting and innovative  We presumed that
this research is already happening, and therefore, writing an abstract
would not be a huge imposition. Our aim was not to impose a strict set
of rules nor add any additional work to the what is always a stressful
RoboCup lead-up.
   To answer some of the questions: Teams that submit abstracts late
will be allowed to participate in the challenge, but the late
submission may be considered in ranking of teams in the challenge (the
challenge is peer-judged, so it is up to individual teams to decide on
this). We would prefer late abstracts to abstracts that are not
followed, but if you have technical problems that forces a change then
of course we will allow this.
   In previous years (since 2006) we have required teams to distribute
a one page report, this document is to explain technical content and
provide a reference for judging. This rule still exists and must be
followed. However, If you would like to release your full one-page
report now (or at any stage leading up to RoboCup) then send it to the
mailing list <robocup-nao at cc.gatech.edu and spl_teams at tzi.de>.

   In summary, we would still prefer that teams submit abstracts by
11:59pm PST on the *28th May*, 2010 and we encourage teams to release
their full reports at any stage.

Thanks,
  SPL Technical Committee