[robocup-nao] ball decision for 2010

Mary-Anne Williams Mary-Anne at TheMagicLab.org
Mon Dec 28 16:44:06 EST 2009

Hi Guys,

The variation is not just in weight (with or without gel) but texture. Some
are shiny and others flat - with dramatic implications for vision systems.

An advantage of the tennis ball in the Humanoid KidSize League is that it
has a flat surface and easier to see.

Franklin have several versions.

*Flat Franklins* http://www.streethockeyking.com/frnhlhidesth1.html

*Shiny Franklins* http://streethockeyking.com/fragprohides.html

Cheerio,

Mary-Anne.

Professor Mary-Anne Williams
Gates 222, Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab
Stanford University, CA 94305-8610
Telephone: (650) 391-4774
Google Voice:  (650) 646-4391
eFax:  (636) 246-5226