[robocup-nao] ball decision for 2010

Tekin Mericli tekin.mericli at boun.edu.tr
Thu Dec 10 18:46:34 EST 2009

Dear all,

Since the official ball that we use in our games is no longer available in
the market, we needed to make a decision about which ball to use for 2010.
After some discussion and tests with various balls, we decided that a street
hockey ball will be the best choice since it is available in the market, has
standard dimensions and colors, and rolls straighter compared to the old
official ball. Here is an example of the candidate ball:

http://www.amazon.com/Mylec-Weather-Bounce-Hockey-Orange/dp/B002LBDA30/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1259775748&sr=8-18

It is 65mm in diameter and it weighs 55g.

You can assume that this ball will be used in the league for 2010.

Best regards,

Tekin Mericli

On behalf of the SPL Technical Committee