[robocup-nao] A Few Question about the Rules

Stefan Czarnetzki Stefan.Czarnetzki at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jun 10 09:07:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to ask for clarification about the kick-off rule.

The rule is:
"A “kick-off shot” can never score a goal. A “kick-off shot” is a shot
taken after a kick-off before the entire ball having left the center
circle, including the boundary line."
In the definition of the kick-off shot there is no mention about the
kicking robot being of the defending or opposing team. So judging from
the rule itself, it should also concern the defending team and no goal
at all can be scored from that position directly, neither by the team
that actually has kick-off or the defending team.

In an answer to a similar question 2 weeks ago Thomas wrote (as cited
below) that the rule applies only to the attacking team.

It would be nice if you could clear this up.

Thanks!
Stefan