[robocup-nao] Game Controller

Michael Quinlan mquinlan at cs.utexas.edu
Thu May 14 15:07:26 EDT 2009

Hi Elad,

1.  The gamecontroller is currently the same one that has been used
since 2006. It can be found on the downloads page or by this link -
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/GameController/  It contains a header
file that defines the packet format that you need to adhere to.

2. A new version of the rules (updated after the local opens) should be
released very soon. Section 3.6 has 'none' because the league does not
have 'Free Kicks'. The sections exists as a place to free kicks if/when
we think they are needed in the league but I agree instead of 'None', we
probably could have something more descriptive such as  'The league
currently does not have Free Kicks'.
    As for the other rules you are missing? You will have to provide
more details?
    The team leader/pick-up question. It is implied in the rules but you
are correct that its not stated, it's more 'a suggestion' then a fixed
rule. In practice the referee can take a request for pick-up from
anybody on the team if they choose. We would prefer if all communication
went through a single representative but its up to the referee to
control who they listen too. It's a bit like in real soccer, where
ideally the captain would do most of the communication, but in practice
that is not always the case.

3 & 4. Should be answered by the somebody on the local organising committee.

Thanks,
  Michael