[robocup-nao] robocup-nao Digest, Vol 2, Issue 2

Daniel Goehring goehring at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 4 12:29:38 EDT 2008

> Dear league chairs,
>
> Most senior teams have completed registration. Now more attention should
> be paid
> to the issues related to visa application and cargo shipping. We need
> following
> information fed back from you as soon as possible.
>
> (1) How many participants in your league got Chinese visas so far? I
> know only a
> few instances now! If there are some serious problems with tourist visa
> application, we have to consider issuing type 2 letters, which takes
> much longer.

We received 5 of 7 visas so far without any problems, I think the other
two woun't be a problem neither.
We applied for the visas at the chinese embassy in Berlin with just the
invitation letters, the tickets and the hotel booking.

> (2) Are there any "new" requirements for visa application in your
> country? For
> example, some consulates require faxed confirmation letters of hotel
> reservation
> for issuing tourist visas now.

Not as far as I know.

> (3) Does DHL in your area agrees to transport robots to China? We got
> messages
> that DHL in Portugal and Germany is refusing to do so.

Our university (Humboldt-University Berlin) is in contact with DHL, they
agreed on delivering to China (from Germany).

Best,
Daniel

--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Göhring