[robocup-nao] [robocup-legged] [Fwd: visa application and cargo shipping]

Brad Hall at CSE, UNSW bradh at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jun 2 19:17:49 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

For part (1) our travel agent tells me that we are "close" to getting
our visas, which we applied for around May 20th.  We applied for
tourist visas.

For part (2) - the answer is a big YES.  From around April this year
until October, all visas from Australia will only be issued if *all*
accommodation and *all* transportation is booked and confirmed on
either a letterhead from the hotel or a registered travel agent.  For
our non-Australian students, they also needed proof of a re-entry
visa back into Australia.

As our students usually travel around the country after RoboCup,
getting all these confirmations took a long time.

For part (3), we intend to carry our Naos there, but we will be
looking for shipping to get them home.  That is of course, if we
actually have any Naos by then :)

Brad

At 2:44 PM -0400 2/6/08, Michael Quinlan wrote:
>Hi,
>   Could teams please have a look at the questions asked in email below.
>
>Michael

Brad Hall
Development Manager, UNSW COMPUTING
The School of Computer Science and Engineering

University of New South Wales
2052 NSW
Australia
ABN  57 195 873 179