[robocup-nao] a few discussion items for Nao

Humberto Martinez Barbera humberto at um.es
Thu May 15 01:56:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

El 14/05/2008, a las 18:15, Tucker Balch escribió:
> 4) Regarding the robots -- we (GT and CMU) are having a significant
> rate
> of failure in the joints.  Are others having the same difficulty?  Are
> others having success in working around this?

We are experiencing a couple of difficulties: the longest operational
period of our robots has been
four days in a row. Then we have had several joints failures (1
shoulder, 2 hips) and a non starting
robot. In addition, we cannot simulate naoqui (we do not use Windows
at all, and so MSRS is not
our best option). We are currently developing in Webots, with its
several NAO related bugs and
limitations.

I would say thing are not running that smooth, although Aldebaran is
responding quite well in
replacing/repairing the robots. Although, apart from missing some
days in the process, it does not
make us quite confident in how a match can be played in a state
similar to current one.

BTW, regarding NAO RoboCup rules, has anyone thought how we can
change colors during
matches? it took me quite a lot time to screw back the head of a
robot: the screws are small
and need a tricky fit of the head and cover parts. I remember someone
raised this question in
the forum.

Humberto
Humberto Martinez Barbera
Dept. Ingenieria de la Informacion y las Comunicaciones
Area Ingenieria Telematica    e-mail:    humberto at um.es
Universidad de Murcia        www:     http://ants.dif.um.es/~humberto
30100 Murcia (Spain)        phone:    +34-968-364666