[robocup-msrs] Summary of the meeting today

Kyle Johns kylej at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 3 17:49:31 EDT 2007

Here's a quick summary of the meeting we had this afternoon.  We have 8 teams officially participating in the MSRS Challenge.  They are as follows:
Team Name Team  Leader           Country
Georgia Tech    Dom Larkin       USA
Spelman College Andrew Williams  USA
WrightEagle     Feng Wu          China
Jolly Pochie    Akira Ishino     Japan
Kouretes        Nikos Vlassis    Greece
Borregos Msrs   Cesar Flores     Mexico
Brasil-MC       Jackson Matsuura Brazil
???             ???              Singapore

We will continue development and practice matches through Thursday at noon and start preliminary matches then until Friday at 4:00.  I'll send out a schedule.  Two teams have tried out their players on the multiple machine configuration.  I need the rest of you to try it tomorrow before the end of the day.

A few issues were raised:
What should we do in case of a tie?  We decided that in this case, we'll play two additional rounds which each last three minutes and only have one offensive player from one team and a goalkeeper from the other team.  Whichever team makes the most goals will win the match.

What is the rule for the goalkeeper blocking the goal?  We decided that the goalkeeper is only allowed to block more than 50% of the goal for 3 seconds or less, similar to the four-legged league rules.  This prevents the goalkeeper from simply laying down in front of the goal.  If this rule is violated, the referee will penalize the goalie.

How should we handle custom motion files?  I'm still thinking about this one but we'll have to install them on the referee machine somehow.  I recommend that you precede the name of the motion with you your team  name to avoid name collisions.

No formal meeting tomorrow but George and/or myself will be around for most of the day to answer questions and help with testing.

Good luck!

-Kyle