[robocup-msrs] Instructions for running on multiple machines

Kyle Johns kylej at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 2 16:42:53 EDT 2007

Here are the instructions for running the Robudog soccer simulation across multiple machines.  If you have kept your service using the same name and the same contract identifier as the SimpleRobudogSoccerPlayer service, you can follow these instructions to play a match on the machines in the Fox theater.  If you have changed the name of your service and/or contract, you will need to modify the attached manifests.  Come and see me and I will help you with them.

1.  Before the match starts, copy the following files from your machine to the machine you will be using:
SimpleRobuDOGSoccerPlayer.Y2007.M05.dll
SimpleRobuDOGSoccerPlayer.Y2007.M05.Proxy.dll
SimpleRobuDOGSoccerPlayer.Y2007.M05.Transform.dll

They go in the c:\Microsoft Robotics Studio 1.5 (CTP May 2007)\bin directory.  You can use a flashdrive or you can borrow mine.

2.  Start the referee on the referee machine by running the SimulatedSoccer.RobuDOG.multinode.referee.xml.manifest manifest.

3.  If you are starting the match as the blue team, run the SimulatedSoccer.RobuDOG.multinode.BlueTeam.manifest.xml manifest.  Otherwise run the RedTeam manifest.  When both teams have started their manifests, the Start button on the referee is enabled.

4.  The first half of the match is played.

5.  At halftime, we will shut down the referee and the team services on both team machines.  Then, we will restart the referee and the team that was previously the Blue Team will start the RedTeam manifest and the other team will start the BlueTeam manifest.

6.  We will again start the referee and play the second half of the match.

I will have the RedTeam and BlueTeam manifests on both of the player machines ready to go.

-Kyle