[robocup-msrs] Field of View

Cesar Flores cesar7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:56:18 EDT 2007

Hi everybody.

We are working in a localization system that uses the horizontal aperture
angle. In the robocam there is a variable called FieldOfView = 45. Therefore
we assumed that the horizontal aperture angle is 90 degrees as kyle said in
another email.

However if this is the correct value, it should be possible to situate the
cam in the center of the field and see the center of one goal and the center
of one beacon by setting the robudog at 45 from both objects. However the
robudog is unable to see both objects at the same time. Instead we
calculated by geometry that the horizontal aperture angle is approximately
58 degrees.

We don't know the reason of this. Maybe we understood incorrectly the
definition of Field of View. In that case, what does the value FOV of 45
degrees represents?

Thanks!