[robocup-msrs] Making the simulation work across multiple machines

Kyle Johns kylej at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 19 18:13:24 EDT 2007

I mentioned in a previous email that the system configuration in Atlanta will have three machines.  One for each team and one for the referee.  A couple of you have emailed me with questions about the best way to set this up.

Yesterday, I found a bug in the referee service which will make it difficult for you to set this up on your own without a new referee service.  So my advice is to continue running on a single machine for now and I will have a new referee service available for you in a few days.  At that time, I will also include detailed instructions on how to build your manifests so that you can easily run across multiple machines and start each half of the match properly.

-Kyle