[robocup-msrs] Two-week countdown!

Kyle Johns kylej at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 18 20:02:08 EDT 2007

Less than 14 days to go until we meet in Atlanta.  Thanks to those of you who have provided feedback and bug reports on the rules and the software.  To address these issues, we plan to release the following:

1.        Robosoft is working on updates to their package that will provide a way for you to determine when a motion fails to complete.  This is usually due to the dog colliding with an object or another dog.  You will be able to reset the motion of the dog and put it back into the stand pose to recover from this situation.  The package will also provide larger goal posts so that the goalie robudog can go inside the goal area.  This package should be available in the next few days.  It will not contain any other substantial code or model changes.

2.       Microsoft is working on updates to the referee service to address some of the issues that have been raised such as problems with teleporting dogs and problems with the boundaries.  This update will be available early next week.

3.       I will send out an updated version of the rules in the next day or so which captures some of the issues that have been raised via email.  If  you have other rules issues you would like to raise, now is the time to do it!

Let me reiterate Tucker Balch's request for all teams to register as soon as possible.  I will be putting together a schedule for the competitions in Atlanta and I need to know how many teams are participating.    Please check http://www.robocup-us.org/teams.html to make sure you are registered.  To register, go to https://georgiarobotics.dndchosting.com/robocup/phase2/RC-SIM-TEAM.html.

-Kyle