[robocup-msrs] Answers to questions

Nikos Vlassis vlassis at dpem.tuc.gr
Fri Jun 8 13:50:54 EDT 2007

Hi Kyle,

There are no constraints on the positioning or motion of the goalie other
> than that he must stay inside the field boundaries.  The goalie can go
> inside of the goal while the offensive player cannot.

What if he lies flat on the ground covering the whole goal? :-)

Since we won't be shipping an updated referee service, this is a little bit
> difficult.  There is a way for you to query for your robot's position,
> though, and I'll provide instructions in a follow-up mail.

Does this mean that it will be possible to read the true robots/ball
positions at the competition? Some teams may have already implemented
localization software...

Another option is to replicate the setup we will have in Atlanta by using
> three machines instead of one.  Use the machine with the fastest CPU and the
> best graphics card for the referee machine and two other machines for each
> of the teams.  I'll send a manifest for this configuration soon.

Will there be machines available (say from 29 June) for the teams to develop
and test code? Working out the final details of the code in Atlanta would be
the easiest way to ensure that there are no deviations in hardware/software.
Besides, some people may not be able to bring along a laptop with the
required specifications, so having access to such a machine (say 24/7) will
be very helpful. Please let us know.

thanks
Nikos