[robocup-msrs] Communication between soccer players

George Chrysanthakopoulos georgioc at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 5 02:29:26 EDT 2007

Hi, one way to recover any service available on a node, is to issue a Get to  the directory service on that node. You do so from code so no need to deal with xml or html.

Please review service tutorial 7, plus examples in our MSRS wiki, for how to do simple queries to the directory service.

Method 2) below is actually not a bad idea, since you will have your own manifest that starts your team of players on your machine. So you control that manifest, and can take it with you to the challenge. Note that the referee manifest is different and will be provided by us and the referee will run on a remote machine.  So once you create your manifest once, you can keep using it, on the player machine (each team will run its services on a separate machine, that we provide for each game).

We will provide you more details on the competition, rules, etc shortly. But it will not be much different than the simple rules and README instructions we already provided for may CTP