[robocup-msrs] Problem while using the SimulatedRobuDOG service

Zemat the.zemat at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:39:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have been trying to use the robudogsoccerplayer project but the simulation
seems to be unable to correctly get the current frame.

While executing the next lines of code in SimpleRobuDOGSoccerPlayer.cs, line
461:

Activate(Arbiter.Choice(
                query.ResponsePort,
                delegate(webcam.QueryFrameResponse rsp)
                {
                    _lastFrame = rsp.Frame;
                    // tell our webcam to update its frame
                    _robotCam.Post(new webcam.UpdateFrame());

                    // now run some internal recognition to determine if we
see the ball
                    // and if we do, where to go.
                    // Also determine where the opponent goal is.
                    SpawnIterator(ProcessFrameAndDetermineBehavior);
                },
                delegate(Fault f)
                {
                    _lastFrame.Initialize();
                    LogError( LogGroups.Console, "Could not query webcam
frame", f);
                    StartWebCamTimer();
                }));

The simulation keeps using the delegate(Fault f) delegate which implies a
failure to get the current frame. Now, there appears to be an extra bug here
since _lastFrame.Initialize(); throws a NullReferenceException.

Anybody has an idea of why the service keeps failing to get the webcam
image?

By the way, the simulatedsoccer.robudog.fourplayers.manifest.xml file, which
is used by the robudogtutorial1 project, incorretly uses the
http://schemas.microsoft.com/robotics/2007/02/simplesoccerplayer.html schema
as contract for the robudogsoccerplayer service when it should be using the
http://schemas.tempuri.org/2007/05/robudogtutorial1.html schema instead,
causing it to use the simplesoccerplayer service instead of the
RobuDOGTutorial1 service.

Regards,
Juan Bernardo Tamez