[robocup-msrs] Hello from the Microsoft Robotics Studio team

Nikos Vlassis vlassis at dpem.tuc.gr
Wed May 16 04:21:39 EDT 2007

Dear Kyle,

thanks for participating in the list. There are undoubtedly several issues
that need clarifications. For instance:

1) Will we be given the interface definition for the new robudog drive, or
we have to figure it out ourselves? The sample code currently implements a
simulated differential drive which certainly not what we need.

2) Is it possible to get ground-truth information about the game state
(robots/ball position) during the development phase? I noticed that there is
a pose state variable for the player service which is however set to 0,0,0
by the referee. Can we possibly have a development-phase-referee assembly
just for debugging?

3) Is there any noise injected in motion/perception? If yes, shall we be
given the characteristics of this noise?

4) How can we reset robots/ball to specific positions during development?

5) Will there be changes to the code, or this is the version we are going to
use in Atlanta? (clearly this is a very important issue given the little
time until July).

6) How can we guarantee that testing on a slow machine and running on a fast
machine in Atlanta will not produce different results? What are the MSRS
primitives that allow a universal (CPU speed independent) measurement of
time?

7) What are the similarities/differences of robudog with Aibo concerning
kinematics?

thanks,
Nikos