[robocup-legged] Rule Changes and Poll

Peter Stone pstone at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 25 09:34:57 EDT 2006

I don't think we should worry about the level of play.

For people "in the know", the games will be more entertaining if there
is a technical advance over previous years, even if fewer goals are
scored or the ball is kicked out of bounds more.  The RoboCup
community will well understand challenges such as variable lighting
and removal of beacons.

For the general public, as we all know, they will be charmed by the
Aibos even if they do nothing but fall over and stand up again on
their own.

     Peter