[robocup-legged] Programming Memory Sticks (fwd)

Thomas Röfer Thomas.Roefer at dfki.de
Sat Aug 26 12:32:42 EDT 2006

> I am curious about this question, as I am going to offer a similar
> undergraduate course in robotics in the Spring 2007 semester.
>
> It is my understanding that memory sticks can re-written any number of
> times. Versions of the memory contents could be saved and restored if
> necessary. So it is possible giving just one memory stick per a group
> of students who will be sharing it in turns. I guess that say, two
> sticks per each robot would be sufficient.

Hi,

a single stick per robot is sufficient. Students can keep everything on the
PC, and when they want to use the robot, they delete the stick, and
afterwards their version of the code to the stick (including the operating
system). It is best to write a script to do this.

Best regards

Thomas Röfer

Dr. Thomas Röfer                   Office Address:
DFKI-Lab Bremen                    Universität Bremen
Safe and Secure Cognitive Systems  Cartesium 0.055
Robert-Hooke-Str. 5                Bibliothekstr. 1
28359 Bremen, Germany              28359 Bremen, Germany
http://www.dfki.de                 www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~roefer

Phone: +49 (421) 218-64200
Fax:   +49 (421) 218-9864200
eMail: Thomas.Roefer at dfki.de