[robocup-legged] No more AIBOs through RoboCup

Peter Stone pstone at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 27 10:30:15 EST 2006

Dear RoboCup legged leaguers,

This message contains some bad news about the future availability of
AIBOs through RoboCup.  I am forwarding a message from Masahiro
Fujita, who did everything he could to help us secure some extra
robots to be sold to RoboCup teams now and in the future.  But as you
will see, it is just not possible.

We should all thank Masahiro for trying to do this for us.  I'm sure
it took a lot of time and effort on his part to explore the options,
find a company willing to pre-purchase the robots, and try to find the
extra robots.  This was something that he did not have to do, but did
for us anyway.

At this point, everyone's only option is to try individually to buy
some robots.  I have heard that they are no longer available in
Europe, and possibly in the US as well.  There was a previous message
suggesting Ebay as an option.

Everyone who has the funds to buy more robots, please make every
effort to find some so that the league can continue for as long as
possible.

Best Regards,

     Peter