[robocup-legged] About AIBO

Hans-Dieter Burkhard hdb at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 27 06:08:19 EST 2006

Dear Masahiro,

first let me thank you once again for all your support you gave us during
all the years in the four legged robot league! I hope we can continue this
common work for RoboCup in the future, even when the league must stop in
some years.

Yesterday we had a demonstration game with people from business and
politics - all were very impressed and it was a good promotion for AI and
Robotics! We still want to continue with such events as long as possible.

For this year RoboCup in Bremen we have still great plans with a
demonstration game of 11 by 11 AIBO players. Games with more players
which are combined from different teams are a very challenging tasks in
the spirit of RoboCup. The common AIBO platform gives good conditions for
first developments in this direction.

Thank you once again,

Dieter