[robocup-humanoid] Save the date - Virtual RoboCup Humanoid Open Workshops (June 25th to 28th)

Maike Paetzel maike.paetzel at it.uu.se
Tue Apr 14 05:55:32 EDT 2020

Dear Team Leaders, Dear RoboCup Humanoid Community,

as you have heard from Peter Stone, the president of the RoboCup Federation, the local organizers and the RoboCup Federation decided to postpone the RoboCup world championship in Bordeaux to 2021.
RoboCup has always been a time to come together, test and evaluate our own ideas and implementations, but also learn from and with each other and network with people from different research groups and with different backgrounds. These are aspects that many of us are missing in times where so many conferences get cancelled or postponed and most of us are working from home. The Technical and Organizing Committees of the RoboCup Humanoid League have thus decided to host an open virtual event during RoboCup, composed of workshops organized by the RoboCup community and time and space to work together and exchange ideas. We are currently in the process of finalizing the details of this event and you will receive more information in the coming weeks. However, I would like to ask all of you to keep saving the original RoboCup days (June 25th to 28th) in your calendar and spread the word to your teams and students who have not subscribed to this e-mail list. This will be an open event - no registration fees will apply. We hope this can extend the RoboCup spirit to those that (for financial or travel related reasons) would have not been able to make it to Bordeaux, but many now be able to participate in the virtual event instead.

Again, please mark the 25th to 28th of June in your calendar, spread the word to your teams and stay tuned for more information!

Cheers,
Maike (for the RoboCup Humanoid Technical and Organizing Committee)

N?r du har kontakt med oss p? Uppsala universitet med e-post s? inneb?r det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. F?r att l?sa mer om hur vi g?r det kan du l?sa h?r: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/data-protection-policy