[robocup-humanoid] Release of the 2020 Humanoid Soccer Competition rules

Maike Paetzel maike.paetzel at it.uu.se
Mon Dec 23 14:07:47 EST 2019

Dear Humanoid Teams,

I would like to thank all the 17 teams who participated in the rule voting for the 2020 Humanoid Soccer Competition rules. The decision minutes with the voting results can be found here:
http://humanoid.robocup.org/wp-content/uploads/HSC_decision-minutes.pdf

Based on the voting results, the Technical Committee has now finalized the rule book for 2020. The PDF can be found here:
https://humanoid.robocup.org/materials/rules/

In the github repository, you can also track the exact changes that have been made to the rules:
https://github.com/RoboCup-Humanoid-TC/Rules

This rulebook is considered final and no major changes will be made before the competition in June. However, if minor mistakes come to our knowledge in early 2020, it may happen that a minor update to the rules is made. This will not change the substance of any of the rules that is currently in the rulebook and will not introduce new changes.
If you have questions or spot mistakes, please make a post in the forum: https://hl.forum.robocup.org/

According to the Humanoid RoadMap and last year's voting, we are committed to a two-year rule update cycle, meaning that we will only have major changes to the rules every other year. In 2021 we will thus only allow minor updates to the rule book. In order to give as much warning about those changes, we already compiled a document summarizing the rule changes that will be voted on for next year:
http://humanoid.robocup.org/wp-content/uploads/change-announcement-2021.pdf
Note that this is a living document and changes may be added to it.

I would like to take the opportunity to point out one rule change in particular - the endorsement of another team communication protocol for the league. The new Protobuf-based protocol can be found here: https://github.com/RoboCup-Humanoid-TC/RobocupProtocol
Since the previously used mitecom protocol had strong support among the teams as well, we are currently endorsing two team communication protocols. The idea is, however, that over time the league naturally converges to one of them, that will then become the one common protocol for the league.

Kind regards and happy holidays!
/Maike (for the Humanoid League Technical Committee)

N?r du har kontakt med oss p? Uppsala universitet med e-post s? inneb?r det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. F?r att l?sa mer om hur vi g?r det kan du l?sa h?r: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/data-protection-policy