[robocup-humanoid] RoboCup HL 2019 rule proposal (up for discussion until 2018-12-23)

Maike Paetzel maike.paetzel at it.uu.se
Fri Nov 23 08:48:18 EST 2018

Dear RoboCup Humanoid Teams,

As in previous years we continue to involve the league in the discussions about the final rule book for next RoboCup (Sydney, 2019). The Technical Committee has now prepared a draft with the suggested rule changes based on the last year's team leader meeting with some additions by the Technical Committee.
Please note that this is an early rule draft - the Technical Committee might include additional rule changes to the final rule book, remove proposed rule changes or change proposed rule changes based on feedback from the league.

The rule draft is published on the RoboCup Humanoid website: https://www.robocuphumanoid.org/materials/rules/
It is also pushed to the git repository: https://github.com/RoboCup-Humanoid-TC/Rules

As last year, the discussion is carried out in the forum of the RoboCup Humanoid League: https://hl.forum.robocup.org/
The Technical Committee will try to take part in the forum discussions as much as possible. The discussion phase ends 2018-12-23. The contributions and discussions up to then will be reviewed by the Technical Committee and - in case of mixed opinions about a topic - the Technical Committee will vote on issues brought up. We hope to have the final rule book ready by the beginning of March 2019.
If you spot some spelling or formatting errors, please feel free to either report them in the forum or - better - change them in the LaTeX source and create a pull request in the github repository (only for changes that do NOT change the content of the rules).

In addition, please remember that we are also trying to make the GameController better every year. The repository for the GameController can be found here: https://github.com/RoboCup-Humanoid-TC/GameController
You are welcome to post issues there in case you have feature requests or bug reports. We also welcome contributions to the GameController, which can be added as a pull request. The same is true for the team communication protocol: https://github.com/RoboCup-Humanoid-TC/mitecom
Especially if you have implementations for the GameController or the team communication protocol for ROS or other widely used frameworks, we welcome those to be shared with the community.

As last year, we are very interested in reading your opinions about the rule changes to make the new rules as good and flawless as possible. So please use this opportunity and participate in the forum discussions!

Cheers,
Maike (for the RoboCup Humanoid Technical Committee)

N?r du har kontakt med oss p? Uppsala universitet med e-post s? inneb?r det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. F?r att l?sa mer om hur vi g?r det kan du l?sa h?r: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/data-protection-policy