[robocup-humanoid] Save the date: 2017 AI Challenges for Humanoid Soccer-Playing Robots Workshop, September 23 - 26, Dortmund, Germany

Maike Paetzel maike.paetzel at it.uu.se
Mon May 1 16:14:38 EDT 2017

Dear RoboCup-Teams,

even though you are still busy preparing for the 2017 world championships in Japan, we are happy to inform you that the 2018 RoboCup season will start in September 2017 with the "2017 AI Challenges for Humanoid Soccer-Playing Robots" workshop at the German Conference on Artificial Intelligence, KI-2017.

The workshop is organized for teams from the RoboCup Humanoid and Standard Platform league as well as for researchers interested in AI challenges for soccer playing robots.
The workshop will feature plenty of time to work on your robots, exchange ideas with and have some trial matches against other teams. A field and space to work on your robots will be provided.

In addition, we invite the submission of papers reporting on high-quality, original research with relevance to the area of artificial intelligence challenges for humanoid soccer robots. The list of subjects includes, but is not limited to, computer vision, perception, planning and scheduling, heterogeneous multi agent systems and uncertainty. The papers will be peer-reviewed and presented during the workshop. We especially encourage undergraduate students to submit papers and reserve time for their presentations.

The workshop will take place from September 23 - 26 at the Technical University of Dortmund, Germany.
For further information, please check out the event website: https://www.robocuphumanoid.org/ki2017/

Deadline for submission of papers and to register for the workshop is August 6th. Save the date and stay tuned for more information following in the next weeks.

If you have any questions, please contact us!
Maike Paetzel, Hamburg Bit-Bots
Ingmar Schwarz, Nao Devils
Reinhard Gerndt, WF Wolves