[robocup-humanoid] RoboCup Humanoid League Rule Discussion

Esfandiar Bamdad ebamdad at basetp.com
Tue Jul 26 00:14:06 EDT 2016

Dear TCs, OCs and fellow RoboCup humanoid league teams,

As we all know, big changes are coming to the humanoid league in terms of the rules. Naturally, this is something we should embrace, to drive the

league forward, and we should try to make the rules as great as possible for next year. This email has been triggered by the culmination of a successful

RoboCup in Leipzig, and the recent dissemination of the meeting minutes from the RoboCup rule discussion meeting (you can find it in the attached "RCHL-2016-RuleDiscussion-Minutes.pdf"), in addition to the initial proposed rules rewrite for 2016.

The rules are quite important because they to some degree decide the future direction of the entire league, so some open discussion on the matter in our opinion is highly merited.

We would strongly encourage all teams to spend some time and read the attached document ("RCHLRuleDiscussion.pdf"), which contains viewpoints and concerns regarding the proposed rule changes for next year's RoboCup.

The document was prepared, and is equally supported by all three author teams.

Baset Adult-Size

NimbRo TeenSize

Rhoban Football Club (KidSize)

Best Regards,