[robocup-humanoid] Final version of the rules for 2016

Marcell Missura missura at ais.uni-bonn.de
Tue Jun 7 09:58:34 EDT 2016

Dear Teams of the Humanoid League,

attached you will find the final version of the rules for the 2016 competition in Leipzig.

After the "overhaul" of the rules had to be revoked, the Technical Committee has decided
to bring forward only a small number of changes with respect to the 2015 version of the rules.
These changes are specifically:

1.) Unification of the line markings of the KidSize and the Teen / AdultSize fields.

This change has been unanimously agreed on by the team leaders in a voting during the competitions
in Hefei. It simplifies the construction of the fields and saves space when teams from all size
classes can share a field for practice.

2.) Allowing goal posts of rectangular shapes.

We have integrated the FIFA rules that specify the shape of the goal posts into our rule book.
The goal posts this year will in fact be white and rectangular. Please see the attached PDF
documents that illustrate the goals the way they will look like in Leipzig. Please note, the
width and height of the KidSize goal remain the same as they were in 2015.

3.) Replacement of the coin toss decision at the end of a penalty shooting with other criteria,
such as number of ball contacts and time needed to move the ball.

This change has also been unanimously agreed on by the team leaders and will replace the coin
toss with a better evaluation of the strength of the teams.

The changes are marked in the attached rule document for your convenience and will appear on
our website soon after this announcement.

We wish you good success for the games, and have a great time in Leipzig!

Marcell Missura
on behalf of the Technical Committee of the Humanoid League