[robocup-humanoid] Humanoid Robots- NEED EXPERT ADVICE

Sara Iatauro siatau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:14:22 EDT 2015

Dear RoboCup Colleagues,

Hope this message finds you well. As some of you may know, I am an
educational consultant for 68 schools in STEM (Science & Robotics) for both
primary and secondary inclusive education groups. I have received a large
grant to implement robotics in all our schools over the next 3 years. The
system we are using are EV3, VEX, some Arduino right now. I am trying to
move the Secondary schools especially to all use Arduino. I am in the
process of getting them all set-up for material and training. With this
initiative, I am hoping to adopt a more computer science/ technical model
as many of your international schools would probably have. The province of
Quebec, Canada Secondary schools are really lagging behind compared to many
of your country schools or programs. I have also witnessed and seen this
from many RoboCup events over the years.

One of my next school programs I am looking at is Humanoid Robot systems. I
am looking to all of you as experts to enlighten me on which humanoid I
should look at implementing at the Secondary level in the near future.
Would it be the NAO or Darwin or another one?

Thank you for your help,