[robocup-humanoid] Call for Participation: Flower Robotics Seminar

asada asada at ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp
Mon Jul 20 23:38:15 EDT 2015

Dear Participants,

Flower Robotics, one of RoboCup's Global Partners, will give a seminar on Tuesday. Any participants can join it.

When: 14:00-16:00, July 21
Where: Press Room (next to the large screen)

Title: "Patin": Autonomous robot platform by Flower Robotics
Abstract:
In this talk, we will introduce our novel autonomous robot platform "Patin". Patin is compatible with ROS and consists of a movable base with an autonomously behaving AI. Various functions can be connected to it such as lighting or planting. Patin’s AI can behave autonomously by integrating lightings mounted on it or responding to the request of plant care. We believe Patin can introduce new viewpoint to existing products in our daily life such as thinking illumination or thinking green. In this talk we will explain the overall structure of Patin and its SDK for developing applications on it. The talk also includes live demonstrations on how to use the SDK.

Speaker bio:
Dr. Yoshikai Graduated and received doctor of Information Science and Technology, from University of Tokyo in 2005. Until 2012, he got involved in research and education relating to intelligent robots as a researcher belonging to University of Tokyo. In 2012, he founded QibiTech,Inc and works as a CTO. Since 2014, he works as a chief scientist at Flower Robotics, Inc.