[robocup-humanoid] RoboCup Humanoid League Newsletter #1

soroush sadeghnejad s.sadeghnejad at aut.ac.ir
Mon Jul 6 22:44:42 EDT 2015

*Dear HL teams,*

RoboCup 2015 will start very soon in about two weeks! We know all of you
are very busy to prepare your teams for participation in Hefei and also
have a beautiful and convenient travel to RoboCup 2015.

The Humanoid League Technical Committee would like to remind you of a
number of things that you should consider during your preparations for
RoboCup 2015:

*## Refereeing ##*

Based on the HL rulebook, for each game, we will have one main and one
assist referees and also one GameController operator.  Every team has to
make a person with sufficient knowledge of the rules available as referee
during the competition. So in order to do so, It is recommended to read the
rule carefully before the RoboCup and assign one or two of your team
members as the referees. As the announced league game schedule during the
competition days, you will be asked to do your referee duties.Also it is
worth to do some practice with the GameController to increase your
experiences before coming to Hefei.

There will be a referee meeting at the RoboCup before the competition
starts. Technical Committee will try to review all the 2015 rulebook
quickly and make some necessary comments for refereeing issues for the main
competition and also Technical Challenges.

We try to make each team one referee T-shirt, but in order to make sure,
please provide wear black or dark blue trousers and black or dark blue
socks. Also we will try to provide standard whistles one for each team.
However, you are requested to bring your own whistle.

Each team must name at least one person who is familiar with the rules and
who might be assigned for referee duties by the league organizing committee.

*## Robot Inspection ##*

The competitions in the Humanoid League are preceded by a set up and
inspection period of at least 24h. During this time, every robot will be
inspected by the league organizing committee for compliance with the design
rules. All robots will be photographed during the inspection. A
re-inspection becomes necessary after any change that could affect the
compliance to the design rules.

*## Game Controller ##*

It is preferred that your robots can listen to the commands sent by the
official HL GameController. Please download the final version (
https://www.robocuphumanoid.org/materials/downloads/
<https://www.robocuphumanoid.org/materials/downloads/)%20>) and test it
with your robots.

*## Colors and Markers ##*

The robots must be marked with team markers. These markers are colored
magenta (referred to as red) for one team and cyan (referred to as blue)
for the other team. Robot legs and arms must be covered by team markers.
>From each side of the robot, at least one team marker must be visible on
both an arm and a leg. Also, each robot must be marked with a unique player
number or name so that it is well readable for the referee on the field.

*## Technical Challenges ##*

For this year, HL Technical Committee have introduced four new Technical
Challenges based on the proposed roadmap in 2014 for the promotion of HL.

Please read the new released final rulebook for 2015 (
https://www.robocuphumanoid.org/wp-content/uploads/HumanoidLeagueRules2015-06-29-with-changes.pdf)
and prepare your team to take part in these TCs.

*## Schedule ##*

RoboCup 2015 will start from July 17th and will last up to July 23rd. The
first two days will be for setting up your teams. The main competition will
begin on July 19th. The final official game schedule of the Humanoid League
will be announced during the RoboCup 2015 competition days.

During each day of your stay for RoboCup 2015, we will have some meeting
with team leaders to discuss and decide about some issue. We will have team
leader meeting for:

-          Making first round robin league groups.

-          Referee training for main competition and also technical
challenges.

-          Election of next year TCs and OCs.

-          Road map and rule discussion for 2016.

-          Voting for best Humanoid team for 2015.

Also we plan to have an all-star demo game with robots from multiple teams
and also a humanoid robots and teams group photo.

Good luck with your research and hope to see you all soon in Hefei.

Have a nice trip:-)

Soroush Sadeghnejad
Onbehalf of Humanoid League TCs/OCs