[robocup-humanoid] Seven "Size 1" Soccer Balls

Sean Luke sean at cs.gmu.edu
Mon Jun 8 13:07:52 EDT 2015

On Jun 8, 2015, at 1:59 AM, Jacky Baltes <jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca> wrote:

> Since this translates to a difference in diameter from 10 to 15 cm, I think that matches the definition of approx 13cm. So I do not see an urgent need to change the rules.

Jakcy, I don't think 10cm appears anywhere in my previous messages.  Was that a typo maybe?

I'm not asking for a change in the rules.  The rules have an inconsistency: the declaration of "size 1" is inconsistent with the declaration of "about 13cm in diameter" -- most size 1 balls are quite a bit larger than that, and there's a wide variance.  I'm just asking for a statement of which of those two declarations will take precedence if we're asked to play with a 16cm ball.

It would help a lot to know what size of ball we're *really* being asked to play with.  And at what pressure (which is permitted to vary by 70% in size 5 balls, but has a much larger impact on size 1 balls)

Sean