[robocup-humanoid] Ball's material

Drew Noakes drew at drewnoakes.com
Sun May 11 19:42:33 EDT 2014

It's my understanding (I'm not an official) that the ball being used in
Brazil will be an orange 10cm Franklin Ball.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=franklin+ball+10cm

This was used in the German Open and Iran Open this April and worked well.

However the ball behaves quite differently depending upon its level of
inflation. As we received them, the balls were quite soft and slightly
irregular in shape. Inflating them made them smoother and firmer, but also
increases the diameter to 11cm or above.

If there is some official information about the pressure and diameter of
the ball we will use in Brazil, I suspect most kid-size teams would be
interested to know it.

Drew Noakes
Bold Hearts
University of Hertfordshire