[robocup-humanoid] FUmanoids Hardware and Code Release

Daniel Seifert dseifert at fumanoids.de
Mon Feb 17 05:06:10 EST 2014

Dear Humanoid League teams,

we would like to let you know about the updated software and hardware
releases of team Berlin United - FUmanoids.

On the software side, we have uploaded the full source code of our
robots as used in the quarter finals at RoboCup 2013 in Eindhoven.
Accompanying this release is our graphical cross-platform
visualization and debug tool. We have also released an updated version
(January 2014) of our framework. You can find these releases at
http://www.fumanoids.de/software

In addition, we have now also released the schematics, firmwares and
layouts of our custom-made electronic components. This includes an
intelligent powerboard, a board to control the actuators and provide
IMU data, as well as overvoltage protection modules for the Dynamixel
servos. You can find more information about the hardware and links to
their firmware and schematics at http://www.fumanoids.de/hardware

If you use (parts of) our code in your projects, we would appreciate
if you could let us know. This would motivate us to do further
code/hardware releases and to improve upon the documentation. Please
also check the license files that are included with the sources.

Feel free to contact us by email to info at fumanoids.de for feedback or
questions, become a follower on twitter (twitter.com/fumanoids) and/or
like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/fumanoids).

Best regards,

The Berlin United - FUmanoids team

dseifert at fumanoids.de
Phone +49 30 838 75-117 (Office), -125 (Lab)

Freie Universität Berlin
Institut für Informatik
AG Intelligente Systeme und Robotik
Arnimallee 7