[robocup-humanoid] KidSize Goal Dimensions for RoboCup 2014

kandrea kandrea at masonlive.gmu.edu
Fri Dec 13 13:27:51 EST 2013

If I may expound upon a prior question, in the 2013 rules, it states that the KidSize field will increase to 6x9 meters for this year's competition.

Will the dimensions listed under section 1 of the 2013 rules for TeenSize and AdultSize (which use the 6x9m field already) apply to this year's KidSize field?  I ask because the ratio of marked areas to the field size differs slightly between the two fields at present.

As for a follow-up, does this imply that there may be a future increase in the size of the KidSize teams?  We participated in the 5v5 exhibition in Mexico City and I recall thinking that our two robots (leaving the goalie aside in the box) would be insufficient to cover the ground necessitated by playing on that size of field.

Thank you for any follow-up,
Kevin Andrea,
George Mason University (RoboPatriots Team)