[robocup-humanoid] What is the final word on the foot size for small-size RoboCup teams in 2014?

Sean Luke sean at gmu.edu
Mon Nov 25 14:20:09 EST 2013

We were not able to attend RoboCup2013 an so did not attend the team meeting.  But there is precious little information online.

My reading of the last posting to the humanoid mailing list about this suggests that the technical committee was asked to postpone the foot size change through 2013, but it does not indicate whether it will be done for 2014, given the fact that it's presently attached to height rather than center of gravity.

Furthermore, the 2013 draft rules (there do not appear to be any 2014 draft rules at this point) curiously state that changes in foot size and attachment to center of gravity versus height are simply "anticipated" whereas other changes (like the field layout) "will" happen.

Does anyone know if an official decision has been made and what it is, or if not, when one will be made?

Sean Luke
George Mason University