[robocup-humanoid] Rule Discussions in Eindhoven

Daniel Seifert dseifert at fumanoids.de
Tue Jun 18 14:11:15 EDT 2013

Dear Humanoid League teams,

as every year, we will be discussing and voting on changes to the HL
rules for next year during the team leader meetings in Eindhoven next
week.

In order to give everybody a bit more time to ponder rule change
proposals, we believe it may be beneficial to post proposals for rule
changes to this mailing list before RoboCup 2013 starts (i.e. before
June 24th). Ideally this comes with arguments why a rule should be
changed or added.

Do note that you (or somebody else) still has to bring up the proposal
during the team leader meetings!

The TC will raise the following issues, outlined in appendix A of the rules:

1) the role of H_COM in the robot size restrictions (see email and
attachment at http://b.gatech.edu/15bxbAa)  and accompanying or other
size restriction changes

2) the number of players

An increase in kid-size field size is already planned for 2014.

With best regards,

Daniel Seifert
On behalf of the Humanoid League Technical Committee

dseifert at fumanoids.de
Phone +49 30 838 75-117 (Office), -125 (Lab)

Freie Universität Berlin
Institut für Informatik
AG Intelligente Systeme und Robotik
Arnimallee 7