[robocup-humanoid] Second Rule Draft for 2012

Jacky Baltes jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 6 13:36:11 EST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Dorian Scholz
<scholz at sim.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Dear TC,
>
> we would like to address a few issues in the rules for the high-kick
> challenge and hope for clarification:
>
>> 19.5 Part D: High-Kick Challenge
>> The goal of the high-kick challenge is to kick the ball in the goal at
>> maximum height.
>
> Does that mean the ball's height is measured when it passes the goal line?

No. A team will ask the referee to mount a bar from one goal post to
the other at the team chosen height.

If the robot successfully scores a goal by kicking the ball over the
bar into the goal, then the height of the bar is recorded as a
successful try.

The scores for the robots are based on the maximum successful height.

> I assume there will be an obstacle of the announced minimum height that has
> to be cleared by the ball.
> If so the rules should state where exactly the obstacle is placed and what
> happens if the ball touches the obstacle.
> If not for an obstacle, how and where will the height be measured?

A bar across along post posts.

The ball is allowed to touch the bar

>> After the start signal, the robot may move the ball to any position before
>> attempting a kick.
>
> Does this include lifting the ball up either on a foot or into the hands and
> then kick from there?
> Or is the ball to be kicked while on the ground?
> Does "move the ball" include picking it up, carrying it to the preferred
> position and setting it down before the kick?

No. All manipulation of the ball must be legal under the RoboCup and
possibly FIFA rules for a ball in play. Therefore, no lifting the ball
with the hands to place it for a kick, no drop kicks, and no throwing
the ball.

If the ball leaves the playing field, then the trial is unsuccessful.