[robocup-humanoid] Rule Discussion

soroush sadeghnejad s.sadeghnejad at aut.ac.ir
Tue Nov 15 14:14:15 EST 2011

Dear HL Teams, Technical and Organizing Committee Members.

First of all, I recommend to extend the deadline of the rule discussion to
let more teams to participate in the new rule discussion because there are
many new changes in the 2012 rule of competition.

It is a good issue not to let any robot to harm the other robots or human
by having any part sticking out from the body of robots.

In my opinion it is not safe to let the referees touching and moving the
robots. Since in this league, the robots are not in a standard shape and
configuration  (like NAO) so it is difficult for referee or other people
to guess about their different behavior in an exact time, so it may be
harmful for referees to touch any robots during the match. Also some teams
may not like others to touch their robots.
On the other hand we can introduce a standard handler shape for all robots
to have a standard shape, so in that case it seems to be a little safe for
referees to touch any robots during the match and it helps to have a low
traffic field by not letting team's robot handler go inside the filed and
let spectators to watch the match easier!!!

To have more real human behavior, It is better to encourage all teams to
have human-like motion. e.g. for walking motion it seems necessary.

For Open Issue, I have a suggestion. I think we can introduce a match with
mixed teams, like the previous year in Istanbul, let two teams to have a
joint team so there will be more player in the field for the same time. I
think we can start introducing 4vs4 games for this year with this method
and if it will be OK we can make it as a new rule for 2013. In that case,
we can introduce the best collaborating teams, but it needs to have a match
in a bigger size filed like Teen size or Adult size filed.

Regards

Soroush Sadeghnejad

AUTMan Humanoid Robots Team,
Amirkabir Robotics Center (ARC) of Amirkabir University of Technology
(Tehran Polytechnic)

Soroush Sadeghnejad
Mechanical Engineering Department of AmirKabir University of Technology.
(Tehran Polytechnic) **
Organizing Committee Member of  International RoboCup Federation In
Humanoid Robot League
Mail: S.Sadeghnejad at aut.ac.ir
Home Page:
http://authumanoid.com/humanoid/humanoid-members/soroush-sadeghnezhad<http://sadeghnejad.humanarobotics.com/>