[robocup-humanoid] Information for HL Teams: Draft Schedule, Referees

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Jun 25 18:02:51 EDT 2011

Hi Jacky,

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Jacky Baltes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think reserving 2 practice fields for the kid sized round robin is
> impractical and overkill.

Please note that in last year the SPL had 24 teams and 4 fields as well
and only used 1 field for games. They had run _all_ games sequentially!

So having 2 games in parallel is far from being "impractical and overkill".
Just look at the hourly rooster on pages 12 - 14 of the PDF file
to see how practical it is.

Of course, this will be discussed and voted on in the first team
leader meeting.

> Instead I propose to use 3 fields which would leave 1 practice field

Using 3 fields in parallel is quite impractical
because of the number of teams and groups.
You will notice that quickly if you try to work out a detailed schedule.

Best,
Oskar