[robocup-humanoid] Rule Discussion for 2011

Tang Qing tangq at iipc.zju.edu.cn
Mon Nov 15 21:58:57 EST 2010

Dear Oskar:

I didn't expect to enlarge the field in 2011. Maybe in 2012, 2013? But I don't quite understand if we can't change anything from the team leader's meeting in singapore, what we discuss for?

For point 2 and 3, your notes are quite specific. I just want to express that I am totally agree with these points. As I am looking forward to the 5vs5 demo games in 2011.

You are quite right that the schedule is too tight to have three long presentations after the final. Especially when the competition time is shorten from 5 days to 4 days this year. I came up with this idea, because we did so in our university's robot competition. In our campus robot competition, teams enters the finals have to give a presentation before the finals to show there high level skills. Then we decide whether one of the teams could be awarded the highest honor - Outstanding Prize, which could be vacant, according to both the presentation and finals. Another reason that I came up with this idea is that I saw one of your team members show the ability of less swing after handly inclined the robot in front of the camera. I am afraid that lots of people are not as lucky as I am. Because we could hardly distiguish this skill in the game. So I think Open challenge is a good idea to show what ever you want.

2010-11-16

Tang Qing