[robocup-humanoid] RefereeBox Question

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Mar 12 08:52:58 EST 2010

Dear Yume Chua,

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Yume Chua wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While working on the RefereeBox program, I noticed that the Game Time options contained the following:
>
> First HalfSecond HalfPenalty Shoot APenalty Shoot B
> It seems that there is no selection for "Extra Time" in the list.

Extra time can be handeled using regular game states
and has been done so far.

As this may not be intuitive on first sight the developers
plan to add additional documentation and modifications
to make the use of extra time more intuitive.

> May I inquire if this means that the following rule is no longer in effect?
>
> "7.1.3: In the knock-out games of a tournament two further equal periods of 5 minutes each are
> played if the game is not decided after the regular playing time."

There was no discussion ever since last RoboCup to remove this rule.
It would also not make any sense to remove it.

Best regards,
Oskar von Stryk