[robocup-humanoid] Manual Kick-Off

stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Dec 31 04:04:06 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

> Team A manual positioning, kick-off
> Team B game controller
>
> If now team A must not move for 10 seconds but team B may already start, we
> could say "team B is allowed to execute the kick-off".
>
> Then we still might have a robot handler starting team A robots on the
field
> when team B is already playing.
>
> Also I do not really like the referee moving the ball. Usually he will use
> his foot and throw a shadow on the ball and on the field. To what direction
> is the ball moved? Might that give an advantage to a team?

We could require the referee to push the ball either with his hand
or his foot along the middle line either to the left or right direction
that it moves at least 40cm (or 60cm which is the radious of the center
circle).

Or, even easier, at the signal "PLAY" the referee immediately picks up the
ball and puts it somewhere on the middle line and outside the center
circle.
Team B with manual kick-off has to wait 10s after the "PLAY" signal until
they can move their legs.
Team B with autonomous start by the referee box can move normally.

I would prefer this second variant because it is simple to implement and
it is also close to what was decided in the team leader meeting in Graz
by majority vote ("10s advantage for teams using the referee box in any
stoppage of the game").

Best regards,
Oskar von Stryk