[robocup-humanoid] [3] Rule Suggestion: 30 seconds standard removal penalty

Jörg Zimmer zimmer_j at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Dec 15 04:18:51 EST 2009

Suggestion: Introducing a 30 seconds standard removal penalty / replacing
Indirect Free Kick

Justification:

Indirect Free Kick is a difficult rule only few people understand. It means
a huge interference with the entire game. Almost no team fulfills the
requirements needed to act sensible in Indirect Free Kick situations. The
only argument to keep the rule is the relationship to FIFA rules. But as
long as no robot has the information about the Indirect Free Kick situation
and is just put up manually and executing usual game behavior, it does not
make sense to borrow realistic rules.

This is why we promote the Standard Platform League/ice-hockey solution:
time penalty.

The robot is just replaced and reenters the game at the middle line after 30
seconds elapsed. No stoppage of game – little interference.

We also suggest, punishing goalies inside their penalty areas only by a 0
second penalty – reentering at middle line.

Due to its simpleness, it will also make judging more easy.

Please find our suggested rule modifications attached.