[robocup-humanoid] rules for 2009?

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Dec 22 04:26:20 EST 2008

Dear Masaki Ogino,

The HL TC members are currently preparing the rule draft which has been
discussed during the last weeks. It will probably be posted not later
than end of December.

There will be NO changes in the size of field, runoff area, goal area,
penalty area, center circle, line width, penalty mark position.

Small changes to the field layout are:

- The 6 throw-in marks will be removed.

- The height of the colored backplate of the goals will be reduced
         in TeenSize to 60cm and in KidSize to 40cm.

The orange tennis ball used in 2008 will be used also in 2009.

The major change is in lighting which is changed to indoor lighting
(presuming a sufficient bright (600 - 1200 lux) and constant lighting on
the field (i.e. no daylight).
This was already discussed in the team leader meeting in Suzhou
and supported by the large majority of team leaders.

This change will significantly reduce the cost for one field.

For the reason of significantly dropped cost of one field
the TC strongly recommends the organizers of local RoboCup
competitions to provide more fields to the participating teams.

If you need any further information please let us know.
There is also a dedicated mailing list for the HL's TC and OC
members. Please see
http://www.tzi.de/humanoid/bin/view/Website/Committees2009

With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Masaki Ogino wrote:

> Dear TC members,
>
> The announcements for the next year's local competition in various countries has begun.
> I am responsible for preparation of humanoid league in JapanOpen 2009.
>
> Does anyone know the changes in the rule,
> especially about the size of field and goals?
>
> I need that information to apply the budget in the humanoid league.
>

> best regards,
> Masaki Ogino

Prof. Dr. Oskar von Stryk           E-Mail: stryk(at)sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Simulation, Systems Optimization    Phone:  ++49 (0) 6151-16-2513
and Robotics Group                  Fax:    ++49 (0) 6151-16-6648
Technische Universitaet Darmstadt   http://www.sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Hochschulstr. 10                    D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany