[robocup-humanoid] Fw: visa application and cargo shipping

Zhou Changjiu ZhouCJ at sp.edu.sg
Mon Jun 2 22:45:36 EDT 2008

To: Teams Participating in RoboCup Humanoid League 2008

Dear Team Leaders,

Please refer to General Chair's email below.

=================================
(1) How many participants in your league got Chinese visas so far? I know
only a
few instances now! If there are some serious problems with tourist visa
application, we have to consider issuing type 2 letters, which takes much
longer.

(2) Are there any "new" requirements for visa application in your country?
For
example, some consulates require faxed confirmation letters of hotel
reservation
for issuing tourist visas now.

(3) Does DHL in your area agrees to transport robots to China? We got
messages
that DHL in Portugal and Germany is refusing to do so.

(4) Any other information related to the preparation for the event which
LOC
should know.
================================

If you would encounter any difficulties in visa application and cargo
shipping, please let the LOC know as soon as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you in Suzhou, China,

Best wishes,

Changjiu Zhou
OC Chair, Humanoid League, RoboCup 2008
*________________________________________________________*
Changjiu Zhou, Ph.D
Centre Director, Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Control Centre (ARICC)
Technology & Innovation Centre (TIC), CTO Office
Singapore Polytechnic, 500 Dover Road, Singapore 139651
Tel: +65-6879-0684    Fax: +65-6772-1974
Email: zhoucj at sp.edu.sg
Homepage: http://www.robo-erectus.org/members/czhou/
*_________________________________________________________*
----- Forwarded by Zhou Changjiu/CTOO/SP_SF on 03/06/2008 10:39 -----

             "XiaoPing Chen"
             <xpchen at ustc.edu.
             cn>                                                        To
                                       ZhouCJ at sp.edu.sg,
             02/06/2008 22:36          asad.norouzi at gmail.com,
                                       Luca.Iocchi at dis.uniroma1.it,
                                       michael.quinlan at gmail.com,
             Please respond to         adam.jacoff at nist.gov,
              "XiaoPing Chen"          kamal at iiit.ac.in,
             <xpchen at ustc.edu.         Asadi at khayam.ut.ac.ir,
                    cn>                sdr at ecs.soton.ac.uk,
                                       scarpin at ucmerced.edu,
                                       rxiong at iipc.zju.edu.cn,
                                       tioguerra at gmail.com,
                                       thomas.brian.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
                                                                        cc
                                       robocup-trustee at cc.gatech.edu,
                                       office at robocup.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       visa application and cargo shipping

Dear league chairs,

Most senior teams have completed registration. Now more attention should be
paid
to the issues related to visa application and cargo shipping. We need
following
information fed back from you as soon as possible.

(1) How many participants in your league got Chinese visas so far? I know
only a
few instances now! If there are some serious problems with tourist visa
application, we have to consider issuing type 2 letters, which takes much
longer.

(2) Are there any "new" requirements for visa application in your country?
For
example, some consulates require faxed confirmation letters of hotel
reservation
for issuing tourist visas now.

(3) Does DHL in your area agrees to transport robots to China? We got
messages
that DHL in Portugal and Germany is refusing to do so.

(4) Any other information related to the preparation for the event which
LOC
should know.

It will be highly appreciated if you could send the information to me ASAP,
the
best, within a few days.

Best,
Xiaoping